Thursday 21 November 2013

NYX Cherry Culture Haul & First Impressions

NYX Cherry Culture Haul
NYX Haul
A few weeks ago Cherry Culture had a 25% off NYX sale.  I posted my ten picks from the sale here.  These were two items on the list that I didn't already own.  

NYX Jumbo Pencil Set
NYX Jumbo Pencil Set - Center Stage
I love NYX Jumbo Pencils as they are so creamy, pigmented and can be used in a variety of ways.  I use them mainly for eyeshadow bases to deepen colours, make them truer to the colour they are in the pan, or make them brighter.  They do need to be applied in a thin layer and blended out, otherwise they can crease.

I even used them in my Halloween Skull Makeup Tutorial here.



NYX Jumbo Pencil
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils
This set includes six of NYX's top selling shades, as described by the website:
♥  Electric Blue - Vibrant Azure Blue
Black Bean - Black
Sparkle Nude - Light Gold with slight glitter (has tiny flecks of silver glitter)
Iced Mocha - Frosty deep Bronze
♥ Yogurt - Pearly light Brown (I always found this name choice rather strange...brown yogurt? Eww!)
Milk - White

NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil
NYX Center Stage Set
The colours apply exactly as they appear in the tube.

NYX Jumbo Pencil Swatches
NYX Jumbo Pencils Swatched L to R - Electric Blue, Black Bean, Sparkle Nude, Iced Mocha, Yogurt & Milk 
I would highly recommend these to anyone who love playing around with different colour combinations.  They also give you several different ways to wear the same eyeshadow.  The same purple eyeshadow, for example, would look completely different applied over Electric Blue, Black Bean, Milk and even Sparkle Nude.

Below is an example of one eyeshadow applied over these jumbo pencils:

WetnWild Eyeshadow
Eyeshadow over NYX Jumbo Pencil
Wet n Wild eyeshadow applied over NYX Jumbo Pencils L to R - Milk, Black Bean, Electric Blue & Sparkle Nude.

The same colour can look completely different over different bases, one of the many reasons I love these pencils.
NYX Butter Gloss
NYX Butter Gloss Set - Enchanted Kiss
I have heard great things about these lip glosses but I put off trying them as I was worried that the colour of the tube would be the colour it applies.  But after applying them on the lips they are wearable more sheer versions.

NYX Butter Glosses
NYX Butter Glosses L to R - Merengue, Crème Brulee, Apple Strudel

The set comes with three shades:
Merengue - Pink/Lilac
Crème Brulee - Natural
Apple Strudel - Peach
Butter Gloss Swatches
NYX Butter Glosses
I really like the packaging of these.  The lids match the colour so you can tell the colour straight away, if it's with your other lip products or floating around the handbag.  The tubes are clear so the colour coming through is the actual colour of the gloss.

NYX Butter Gloss Swatches
NYX Butter Glosses Swatched
All the shades are named after desserts, so it's quite fitting that they also are dessert scented.  They all have a sweet, vanilla, buttercream/lolly scent.  That's the best I can describe it.  It's not overpowering or too sweet to give you a headache, or toothache ;)

NYX Butter Gloss Lip Swatch
NYX Butter Glosses on the lips
They all have great colour pay off but it's not too much, I can still see dark patches on my lips through the glosses.  I have noticed that they do sink into the fine lines of the lips slightly.  It is more noticeable with the lighter/brighter colours, like Merengue.  It's not enough to make me not want to wear them though.

When applied to the lips, they do have a smooth, "buttery" feel.  From the few times I have worn them, they do seem to last a decent amount of time.  Longer than a standard lip gloss.  They are slightly sticky as well but not tacky.

My first impressions of these lip glosses is that they look, smell and feel lovely.  They are probably one of the best glosses I've tried from a cheaper brand.

What are your favourite NYX products?  What do you have your eye on from Cherry Culture?







No comments:

Post a Comment