Thursday 14 November 2013

Mirenesse Glamm Box - November 2013


Mirenesse glamm box
Mirenesse Glamm Box November
Well guys, I got suckered in again.  Mirenesse were having another free shipping deal so I couldn't resist getting another Glamm Box.  (See my September Glamm Box post here.  Mirenesse Glamm Boxes here).  I was impressed with the last Glamm Box I received as it was three full sized products for $19.95.  

I chose the makeup only box again, obviously ;)  I thought that maybe I was lucky to get three full sized items last time and that my luck probably wouldn't stretch that far this time.  I also considered the fact that I might get items repeated but that wasn't the case at all.

mirenesse concealer
Mirenesse Concealer


1.  Icon Sealer Concealer - Ice (Full Size 4.5g) - $35
Ice is the only shade that they carry in this formula.  It seems to be fine for me, but it is very light.  I don't think I would use it on blemishes, as they advise, because it is so light I'm worried it would highlight them.  However, I haven't used it on blemishes yet.  

mirenesse concealer swatch
Mirenesse Concealer Swatch

It's not too thick or runny, it's right in the middle, which is great.  It does cover dark circles and blends well.  I have only used it once so I will have to use it more for my final verdict.  But I am liking it so far.

mirenesse mascara
Mirenesse Mascara

2.  Secret weapon 24 hour mascara - Brown (Full Size 10g) - $39.95
I was surprised  to find that the mascara was brown.  I don't think that I've ever used a brown mascara as I like my lashes to stand out.  I guess this is the only way that I would have ever tried a brown mascara so I'm happy to give it a go.  Would I pay $40 for a mascara though? It would have to be damn near amazing.

mirenesse eyeshadow
Mirenesse Eyeshadow

3.   Seamless Velvet Shadow Long Wear Wet/Dry Minerals - Indian Princess 
(Full Size 2.5g) - $24.95
I love the packaging of these shadows.  I did find it odd that there was a leg on it, but after seeing the name "seamless" I guess it makes sense.  It's not your typical flip lid duo.  On the side it has a little "pull" button which you press in and slide the eyeshadow down.  Never seen packaging like this and thought it was pretty clever.  

mirenesse eyeshadow duo
Mirenesse Duo Packaging

I also really loved the pattern that was pressed into the duo, but as usual, once swatched/used the shimmery overlay pattern swipes away.  Underneath is a shimmery beige and a smokey grayish blue black.  Great to create a quick smokey eye.  They don't seem to be as creamy as the pearl crush ceaseless shadows, but they have decent payoff.  I'm happy to have it to throw in the purse and for travel knowing that it is unlikely to open in transit.

mirenesse eyeshadow swatches
Mirenesse Eyeshadow Swatch

Mirenesse have been consistent with this months box as well.  This added up to $99.90 for $19.95, I'm not great at maths but that's a steal in my book.  

What do you think of the Mirenesse Glamm Boxes?




2 comments:

  1. Such a bargain for only $20! I love their deals because I definitely cant afford their products full price!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, they keep sucking me in! Neither can I! Thanks for the comment :)

      Delete