Tuesday 12 November 2013

Australian Bourjois Haul


Hey! Wanted to share with you some Bourjois products  that I purchased from ASOS during a Bourjois sale.  

Healthy Mix Foundation - Vanilla 
I have tried the serum version before but not the regular version.  Basically the serum formula is a gel and this is a liquid.  I obviously haven't tried this yet so I can't tell you other similarities/differences.  This retails at Priceline for $32 which I refuse to pay for a Priceline foundation.  It's $18.97 at ASOS, I'd highly recommend ASOS for Bourjois and Rimmel.  They often have sales on both too.


Volume Glamour Ultra Care Mascara - Noir Black
I love Bourjois mascaras.  I have tried and repurchased many of them but I have never tried this particular one. 

Bronzing Primer - Mat Delice
A cream bronzer is something I haven't tried as yet. Being a cream it will blend more evenly than a powder and therefore appear more natural.  That's my plan anyway ;)  It looks disgusting in the jar doesn't it! It got moved around during the journey. 


I'm wondering how much will show through underneath my foundation. I'm sure it can be worn over foundation though. 


It's not looking any prettier in the top swatch either. ;) But it blends out really nicely and I'm looking forward to trying it out.


Bronzing Powder Délice De Poudre (Delight Powder) - Bronze
The chocolate bronzer.  It doesn't smell straight up like a block of chocolate but it has a cocoa scent.  I have the Bourjois Délice De Soleil (Delight Sun) bronzer here which I bought at a Priceline sale but I was after the Délice De Poudre.  I do want to do a comparison of the two.


I found it quite amusing that they have an image on the back of the packaging advising you not to eat the bronzer.  Do you  think it's there because someone decided to eat their chocolate smelling bronzer.  Yum, Yum!



Blush Exclusif - Rose Exclusif
This cream blush claims to be PH-reactive to your skin, self adjusting into a personalised pink.  I'm not sure about that but I'm willing to give it a try.  It also has a cream-to-powder finish, which hopefully mean it's long wearing.  


I was wondering if I should even swatch this but if you're interested this is my PH pink swatch.  I didn't notice any colour change but I haven't put it on my face yet.


Java Rice Powder
Out of all of the Bourjois product I purchased, I was most excited and intrigued by this powder.  The reason? Directly from the Boujois UK website here: "Bourjois celebrates its 150th anniversary with a reinvented vintage edition of its first historical best-seller*: Java Rice Powder." (*2 million sold each year in the early 20th century!) 

It's like owning a little piece of history.

 I thought it would be interesting to translate the french on the label: 
Universal illuminating powder
Smooth complexion, velvety and radiant
Remember the
Rice powder
Java
Special factory for the beauty of women
A soothing rose extract


The powder is very sparkly, I don't know if I would use it all over the face.  I think it would be a fantastic highlighter but I will have to test it out and let you know.

That's it for my Bourjois haul today. 

What Bourjois product are you most interested in?










6 comments:

  1. Excellent haul! The bronzing cream does look a little off putting in the jar (haha!) but the results look amazing and more natural.

    I absolutely ❤ the bronzing powder. It smells soooo good and applies so beautifully. I wear it almost on a daily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's really not attractive but blended out it's looks very promising. I can't wait to try them both out. :)

      Delete
  2. Great haul! I recently bought a healthy mix foundation in vanilla too! It's my first Bourjois purchase. How does their mascaras go? I might look into them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diana! Oh you will have to let me know how the foundation goes for you! I love Bourjois mascaras. I haven't tried the one in the haul as yet because I have a few waiting in line. I really like the volume glamour max one in the black tube.

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness I love Bourjois so so much. The Java Rice Powder is my FAVOURITE of all time :)

    Kate Xx
    themintedbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I've been using the Java Rice Powder lately and I'm really liking it so far. Thanks for the comment :)

      Delete