Monday 20 January 2014

Bellabox January 2014 Opening - What did I get in my box this month? ;)


Bellabox 2014
Bellabox January 2014
 If you would like to know more about Bellabox, my original post is here and if you would like to sign up, please visit here.

Bellabox January 2014
Bellabox New Packaging?
Bellabox have been telling us for months that they are bringing out new packaging.  It's been a bit confusing as one month I got a Bellabox branded makeup bag while others received flimsy cardboard pillowbox.  The old Bellabox was a turquoise blue colour with a white logo (see here).  So is this the new packaging?   To be honest, as long as the it's sturdy enough to not damage the contents, I don't really care about the packaging.  It's what's inside that counts.


Bellabox Review
Item 1: Palmolive Shower Gel
1. Palmolive Ayurituel Shower Gel - Joyous - Indian Mulberry & Lotus Flower (Sample Size 50ml = $0.84*) Full Size 400ml = $6.79
Hello, my name is Mel and I have a shower gel addiction.  It's true, I have about fifteen different brands and scents of shower gel in my bathroom (I also stock up when they are on special).  I like to mix up scents and try new brands as I get bored using the same one.  I enjoy the Palmolive Strawberry Smoothie Exfoliating Body Wash (see range here).  So because of the previous reasons and the fact that I have been banned from buying shower gels,  I was happy to receive this.  The scent is red berry, floral with a hint of spice, I like it.  I think I'll save this one for the next holiday as it's a convenient size to take away.

Bellabox Opening
Avène Hydrance Optimale & Soothing Moisture Mask
2. Avène Hydrance Optimale Rich Hydration Cream (Sample Size 5ml = $6.62*) Full Size 40ml = $52.95
I have tried an Avène product before and I wasn't really impressed, but I know that their products are popular.  I will try this moisturiser though and give them another go.  It is a good way to test out more expensive products as I wouldn't normally shell out a fifty on a moisturiser.

3. Avène Soothing Moisture Mask (Sample Size 5ml = $4.20*) Full Size 50ml = $41.95
I really love trying out masks.  I feel like cleansers and moisturisers are very personal and everyone has their favourites, but masks have instant results so it's a lot easier to test them out.  Even though these are tiny, I love that they have the expiry dates on the back, this is really handy if you have a few samples to get through.

Available at Priceline here, Chemist Warehouse here and most Terry White Chemists.
Available online at StrawberryNET here and Skincare Direct here.

Bellabox
EVO Shampoo and Conditioner
4. EVO The Therapist Calming Shampoo - (Sample Size 50ml = $4.99*) Full Size 300ml = $29.95
I'm always up for trying out a new shampoo as I find my roots can get oily quite quickly.  Being called "the therapist" I"m hoping that it may help.

5. EVO The Therapist Calming Conditioner - (Sample Size 50ml = $4.99*) Full Size 300ml = $29.95
The EVO products are listed as cult products, so I'm looking forward to trying them out.  They have a faint light floral scent.

Available online at EVO here, Adore Beauty here, Catwalk here and RY.here.

Bellabox Unboxing
Coconut Revolution Body Cream
6. Coconut Revolution Coconut Body Cream - Original - (Sample Size 50g = $4.99*) Full Size 250g = $24.95
Coconut scents are one of my favourite scents when done right, however, sometimes it can be sickly sweet and unfortunately this body cream is on the sickly sweet side.  I gave it the benefit of the doubt and thought it may settle down once on the skin but I had it on my hand and it gave me a headache and made me nauseous.  Not the outcome you want in a scent so I will have to pass this one on. 

Available online at Coconut Revolution here and Bellabox here

Bellabox Items
Model Co Fat Lash Mascara
7. Model Co Fat Lash Volumising Mascara (Full Size 11ml) = $20.00
The item in every Bellabox this month and there is the cost of the box just in this one product.  I haven't had any experience with Model Co products.  I have heard mixed reviews about this mascara.  I would like to try it out.

Available online at Model Co here and Adore Beauty here

Bellabox Australia

8. (Bonus Item) Egyptian Magic All Purpose Skin Cream (Sample Size 3ml = $1.25*) = Full Size 118ml = $49
I'm intrigued because it has natural ingredients and only has six ingredients (refer to image above).  It's pretty rare to see so few ingredients even in natural products.  I did a little more research and according to BeautyBay (see here) it has a cult following consisting of celebrities and doctors.  I don't know about that but it's said to be used as a remedy for psoriasis and eczema, to moisturise dry skin, to reduce stretch marks, as a cleanser and eye makeup remover and even as an after shave cream. It can also be used as a rich hair conditioning treatment.  It has some pretty impressive reviews as well.

Available at Mecca Cosmetica here.
Available online at Nourished Life here, Makeup and Glow here, Beauty Bay here and Bellabox here.

The Verdict
Overall I'd say it's a decent box this month.  Keeping in mind that the point of a beauty box is to try new brands, I am disappointing that out of the eight products there is only five different brands.  I had two of the same brand twice in this months box.  I also recieved an Avène product in last months box as well as two this month.  So I have enough Avène products,  I hope I don't get any more!

Price Breakdown
1. Palmolive Ayurituel Shower Gel - Joyous - Indian Mulberry & Lotus Flower (Sample) = $0.84*
2. Avène Hydrance Optimale Rich Hydration Cream (Sample) = $6.62*
3. Avène Soothing Moisture Mask (Sample) = $4.20*
4. EVO The Therapist Calming Shampoo - (Sample) = $4.99*
5. EVO The Therapist Calming Conditioner - (Sample) = $4.99*
6. Coconut Revolution Coconut Body Cream - Original - (Sample) = $4.99*
7. Model Co Fat Lash Volumising Mascara (Full Size) = $20.00
8. Egyptian Magic All Purpose Skin Cream (Sample) = $1.25*

Total =  $47.88
*Sample Calculated Price

What is your opinion of this months Bellabox?  What product/s are you most excited about?


10 comments:

  1. I'm with you, don't really care about the box, just what's inside. I am quite relieved to be able to throw the packaging away now guilt free lol........I really like the EVO shampoo and conditioner I received it previously so wouldn't have minded receiving it again. Can't say I was excited by anything I received. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment.

    http://matillysthisnthat.blogspot.com.au/2014/01/bellabox-january-2014.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha yes, I have too many boxes, I don't need anymore! Good to know, I look forward to trying the EVO stuff out now :) Not exciting, no, but I will still try everything. For sure, thanks for visiting and the comment :)

      Delete
  2. Hey, I like the light effect in your photo! What is that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Emmy, thank you. There is actually about three or four filters in this image but the one that does the light effect is called "sunlight spots". I use a site called www.fotor.com it's awesome for filters/effects and editing. It's in the "funky" filters if you do check out the website. :)

      Delete
  3. You can see mine at http://aliddlebitofpretty.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Thanks for visiting and commenting.

      Delete
  4. Love how you calculated the total value! Such a great idea :) you box looks decent especially featuring Evo and Coconut Revolution! I hate how there is so much variation between peoples boxes. I'm glad I'm not the only one who is sick of Avene :/

    Sarah | More Than Adored

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sarah :) It was a decent box and I am happy with it but I know what you mean. It was pretty varied this month, I could understand if they were varied because it was tailored to each member but it's not. Ahhh so sick of Avène! I remember getting them when I was with Lust Have It, so I'm really over them!

      Delete