Monday 7 October 2013

What's In My Makeup Bag? Weekend Away


The weekend just passed was the Labour Day long weekend and the perfect excuse to squeeze in a little weekend getaway.  I thought you might like to take a peek in my makeup bag and see what I took with me. 

It was more of a chilled out weekend in so I didn't need a lot of makeup.  I have to say I'm impressed with myself as seventeen makeup products are nothing compared to what I would usually take away with me.  This has to be some kind of record so I thought I would document it! ;)


1. e.l.f Elements Custom Compact - A while ago I purchased a few of these as they are magnetized and they fit MAC pro pan refill eyeshadows.  This particular compact contains depotted eyebrow powders from the NYX Eyebrow Kit with Stencil - For Everyone.  I removed the pans from the palette as it was just too bulky for four pans.  The NYX shadows do fit in these compacts, but they are not magnetized, I have never had a problem with them falling out though.  I highly recommend these compacts for travel especially if you own MAC pro pans.  The compacts can be purchased online here and here.

2. Australis Primer - This is a decent primer that smooths out uneven skin texture and can be used underneath the eyes.  I do notice my foundation lasting longer and it sinks into the skin quickly. It comes in a convenient sized tube that is easy to throw in the makeup bag.  Available at Priceline (on special atm) or direct from Australis.

3. L'Oréal Lumi Magique Foundation - C2 Rose Porcelain - This is one of my favourite foundations because it covers well, blends seamlessly and provides a radiant glow with minimal effort.  But at $33.95 I wait until it goes on sale. 

4. Bourjois Délice de Soleil (Delight Sun) Bronzing Powder- 12 Fair/Medium Skin - I've had this hiding in my makeup draw for some time, not because it's bad, just because I have an addiction so I own and use several bronzers.  I forgot how much I enjoyed using this bronzer, I don't use it as a contour, but to add warmth.  It's not too orange, it has a slight shimmer, not too pigmented and easy to blend.  I love the 360° rotating mirror that can be moved to any angle.  When staying away you never know where or what your makeup station will be, so I always take this with me if only for the mirror.  Bourjois is available from Priceline but I usually buy mine from ASOS. (Bourjois is currently on sale at ASOS with free shipping as always). 

5. Rimmel Stay Matte Powder - 001 Transparent  - The Rimmel powder doesn't get cakey/powdery, good for oil control and an excellent basic powder.  The packaging is not travel friendly but is fine for short trips.  

6. Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips - Waikiki Strip - I took the shimmer strips away with me because it's multi-use, it can be used as a highlighter and eyeshadow.  In my opinion, it is too shimmery for a bronzer or blush. 

7. Bourjois Volume Glamour MAX Mascara - 51 Noir Max - I love Bourjois mascaras and this one just makes me love them even more.  It gives great length, volume and makes your lashes look fluffy, feathery and never spiky or clumpy.  

8. Covergirl Lashblast Volume Waterproof - Very Black - Has to be one of my favourites, I'm never without this.  I have to wear a waterproof mascara on my bottom lashes or I get attractive black smudges under my eyes.  Sometimes I wear it for top and bottom lashes or just on the bottom lashes and team it with another mascara, great for both. 

9. Too Faced Shadow Insurance - This is the only insurance I will ever enjoy buying.  Every time I wear makeup I'm wearing this because it makes my eyeshadows brighter, true to colour, crease free and wear longer.  Must have. 

10.  Yves Saint Laurent Touche Éclat - 1 Luminous Radiance - As it was a laid-back weekend I didn't bother with a heavy concealer and just brought this.  It's slim, really quick to use for light concealing and highlighting.  I don't think it's a magic wand and  it's too over hyped, it's nice but not amazing.  

11. MUA Power Pout - Crazy In Love - This is a beautiful berry shade (don't let the website photo fool you) and I find myself reaching for lip crayons more than lipsticks lately.  The reason is because they are easy to apply, moisturising and they stain so I don't have to reapply too often.  The MUA Power Pouts work just as well as the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains but I think the Revlon ones stain slightly longer. 

12. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - 001 Honey - A lovely wearable nude/pink goes-with-anything shade.  No-brainer! 

13. Rimmel Lasting Finish Soft Colour Blush - 010 Santa Rose - It's so tiny, cute and travel friendly.  It's a light peach colour and fantastic for fair skin.  It goes with anything and it's really hard to go overboard with this one. I picked this one up for about $4.00 when ASOS was having a Rimmel sale.  I would recommend purchasing Rimmel from ASOS as they always have sales.

14. Wet n Wild Color Icon Eye Shadow Single - Brulee - Wet n Wild eyeshadows have to be one of my favourites as they are so pigmented and easy to blend.  These singles are adorable and brilliant for travel.  Brulee is a standard brow/inner corner highlight shade. 

15. Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Eyeliner Pencil - 005 Nude - If I'm not wearing black eyeliner on my lower rim, I'm wearing this.  It makes your eyes look bigger, brighter and more awake.  The Scandaleyes eyeliners are all really creamy, pigmented and last a long time, love them. 

16. Maybelline Define A Brow Eyebrow Pencil - Dark Blonde - I'm not blonde, but this shade is dark enough for a brunette.  It's not warm toned, it's a taupe/light brown shade.  The pencil is really fine, looks really natural and I'm incredibly upset because this product is discontinued :(  Now I'm on the hunt for a new eyebrow pencil so if you have any suggestions please let me know! 

17. Mirenesse Pearl Crush Creaseless Shadows Trio - 9. Pertunda - I received this as part of my Mireness Glamm Box, see post here, so I thought this would be a perfect opportunity to try it out.  I really love these shadows as they are soft, easy to blend and pigmented.  They remind me of Wet n Wild eyeshadows due to the pigmentation and softness.  They do have a very slight sheen to them but are not shimmery so they are perfect for the lid and the crease.  They are delicate because they are soft so if you do drop them, there is no coming back.   

What are your favourite travel friendly products?  What did you do on the weekend? 





No comments:

Post a Comment